As someone who does not hold a doctorate degree, and isn't a doctor, may I brazenly say that Doctor's don't know everything? I believe many doctors form an opinion that is based on nothing more than feelings.
I say this because I have brought the subject of vaccinations up to many MANY doctors over the years and I have received a 50-50 split on responses. The last two Doctors I have seen this past year each said that they do not give their children immunizations at all and never would. Then another doctor says there is nothing harmful at all and has given all 6 of his children the full recommended doses.
Does everyone out there realize that 20 years ago there were (about) 18-25 shots given to a person in their lifetime? Now a child before the age of 12 gets 69...that's SIXTY NINE shots!!!
I truly do believe in absolute moral truth. I do not believe truth is necessarily relative at all times. Regardless of THAT particular philosophical argument...how can any doctor, without any evidence, say with absolute conviction that there "is not a single shred of evidence...that shots are harmful..."
How about a simple google search? I know that's not academia at it's finest, but lets just take a look at what is in a standard vaccination shot:
Here is an exact quote from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website as to side effects from common vaccines:
Several mild problems have been reported within 2 weeks of getting the vaccine:
- headaches, upper respiratory tract infection (about 1 person in 3)
- stuffy nose, sore throat, joint pain (about 1 person in 6)
- abdominal pain, cough, nausea (about 1 person in 7)
- diarrhea (about 1 person in 10)
- fever (about 1 person in 100)
More serious problems have been reported by about 1 person in 100, within 6 months of vaccination. These problems included:
- blood in the urine or stool
- inflammation of the stomach or intestines
These are the Common substances found in vaccines they include:
- Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.
- Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine. No vaccine produced in the United States contains penicillin.
- Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.
- Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.
- Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria.
But it's "okay" because there are only very small amounts of these in each shot. But WAIT! Remember, that is a small amount...times 69. May I also remind you that Mercury is a neurotoxin that attacks the brain, aluminum is a toxic element and formaldehyde is a poison. But it's okay, because some Doctors say that there isn't a shred of evidence showing that vaccines are harmful.
Now, please don't get me wrong...I am not advocating everyone stop getting vaccines...where would we be if Measles or Rubella weren't stopped cold?...millions dead! What I am advocating is that people don't walk around and drink the cool-aid...that you please, PLEASE learn to think for yourself and not just listen to every quack website (like mine) and every quack person with a degree that comes along sounding smart-ish.