Brothers

Brothers
E Plurubus Unum, Rex Montis

Thursday, October 08, 2015

Different Standards

I may border on being accused of being a pessimist or cynical. However, in my own defense, I have 29 awesome and positive days per month, I just choose to expel my negativity here once per month in order to have quality days for the rest of the time. As I've been quoted in the Star Tribune as saying, "I'm bleeding the valve, letting the pressure out." Now, with my disclaimer firmly in place, onward!

Spencer Stone, the hero that prevented the attempted terrorist attack by tackling the would be Muslim terrorist, has been stabbed four times in the chest stateside. Sad.

I wanted to take a moment to point out some different standards. The victim was white. The attackers were Asian. Don't care, doesn't matter. However, why isn't the president preaching about racial motivations in this attack? Also, why isn't Hillary Clinton or the wide variety of others in the cool club calling out for the registration of knives? Why aren't we having involved discussions about "common sense knife ownership? I know I've asked these questions in the past. The answer is simple, because the object is incapable of doing anything. It is people, and people will always find a way to harm others. There is no utopia on this earth that a law on paper will create.

That's it, just wanted to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

Zeke said...

Today a Swedish "Knifeman" entered a school and stabbed four people before being fatally shot. I still don't hear any calls for knife disarmament or minimum blade lengths....anyone?(Sarcasm)

Maddog said...

I hereby call for the registration of all knife owners and a maximum blade length of 3 inches for all future productions, unless, of course, it is a khukuri.

Zeke said...

Who "needs" a knife that big anyway...