Brothers

Brothers
E Plurubus Unum, Rex Montis

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Return of the Zeke

Hello any of my faithful readers that may still be out there. I seriously considered deleting this blog. I even backed it up in a word document. But I couldn't do it. Too much of me is here for the world to see.

Coming up on a year since my last post, certainly a first for me. I just got tired of writing in a world where facebook is king and every stupid story about what someone ate that day gets an immediate response. It just made me want to quit writing. Instead, I deleted facebook a couple years ago. LIBERATING!!! I tell you what, I think I was border-line addicted to facebook. When you tell people you deleted your account, you would think you just insulted their dead grandmother. The excuses come in loads, "I keep up with my friends...it's about the pictures...staying connected!" It wasn't like I was expecting anyone to justify their facebook existence, just tying to let people know that I hadn't blocked them, I had just deleted the digital "me."

So, now...I am not sure my site will continue down the deployment or post-deployment road. We have been back for 9 years now. The writing I needed to do has been done. Moving onward.

I thought, even though life is busy, that I might challenge myself for the sake of writing. This blog may turn into something that isn't about an audience so much as an accountability thing for myself. A place to write and have a record of what is written. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wish is that the angle of accountability sticks. Reading this blog has become like enjoying a cigar and fine wine. Your personality comes off the page in an easy tune. If it ever does come down to closing the curtains, know that this drink has been sweet, the aroma deep.